Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Seed Starting Review

I am not going to lie to you.  I have a black thumb.  It's true and sad.  I have killed every plant I have ever touched.  True Story. 

So when I had the chance to review a book on seed starting I was a little leery.  I thought it would make me feel stupid and inept for not being able to grow green things.

It didn't.  Seed Starting is a fantastic book for those of us that have black thumbs and those of us that have semi-black thumbs to give us confidence in starting our own gardens.



"Growing a garden isn't difficult if you take it step by step. The first step starts with a seed. In this easy to follow guide, Gary Emmett, expert gardener, shares how simple it is to take that first step to growing a beautiful garden. Come and get growing with Gary."

Seed Starting The First Step to Gardening by Gary Emmett is a great book written in a conversational style that is easy to read and very personable.  It's like you having a conversation with a friend and put me at ease from the first page.  I wasn't intimidated the way I thought I would be being that I am a plant killer!

Inside this book Gary walks us step by step through planning out a garden all the way through growing our plants.  He gives us practical steps to follow that are easy to understand and information that you need to be successful at growing a garden.

There is great resource lists for buying seeds, the types of 'soil' to use and avoid, equipment you will need, and transplanting your seeds.  This is a great resource to have around whether you are a novice or an experienced gardener.  There is always something more to learn, right?

If you want to start a garden or are just looking for more info to expand you knowledge base, this book is for you.  Head over to Amazon and pick up your copy for just $2.99. 




No comments: