Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Homeschool Groups

Homeschool Groups-love 'em or hate 'em? 

It seems like it's an either or most of the time.  Some people use homeschool groups to fill their field trip needs or high school class needs.  Others use them to supplement their curriculum at home. 

There are many different types of groups out there and if you are lucky you can find one like ours.  ;-)

Our homeschool group is AWESOME!  We have classes, field trips, high school classes, nursery care, retreats for the mom's, family gatherings, and more.  We have 18 families and around 60 kids. 

We plan our classes each year so we can tailor the schedule/content to what our families need or want.  That can get a little loud if you can imagine 18 women throwing out ideas all at the same time. lol  We make it work though. 

I am so thankful for our group.  The kids love it, I love it and it helps break up our week. 

I know I've talked about our group before and I probably will again.  Sorry.  It's just that when you get something special like this to help you on your journey, you want to talk about it!


1 comment:

Amanda said...

That's wonderful. We don't have a group here, although we do have a few families on the island who homeschool. No co-op with classes or anything though and I wish we did. I did take the initiative this year and began teaching a homeschool art class every week and it has been a great experience. I blogged about it today actually :)

-Amanda
www.beringseaadventures.blogspot.com