Friday, August 20, 2010
Friday's Fave Five
This week has been so strange! I have been recuperating from the surgery last week and find that things are just harder right now. We are back at school full time-that has been a challenge! lol It hasn't been a terrible week, just odd.
The week started slowly and never really progressed past that. There were many blessings though, and I am so thankful to have a moment to look back on them and share them.
1. A mostly quick recovery. I am feeling pretty good at this point and really can't complain about the pain. It is very manageable and subsiding quickly. God has been very merciful to me. I just get tired out quickly, which leads me to my next Fave Five.
2. The ability to lay down and take a nap in the afternoons. That can happen because we homeschool and can arrange our schedule to fit out needs. And because my kiddos are fairly self-sufficient and willing to let me rest. They carry on and even make dinner for me! Thank you, God, for kids that are willing to serve.
3. Our family doctor. Steven and I have been going to him for over 18 years and he is like a member of the family. Of course, with how much we see him he pretty much is part of the family! lol He is wonderful with our kids and is a Godly man. He is a God-send for us.
4. A break in the 100* weather. It has been positively oven-like for longer than I care to think of and we finally caught a break. It got down in the 80's!! Seriously, though it felt downright chilly that day. :) Praise God for the relief and the glimpse of Fall to keep us going.
5. Blogging! I love to write and need an outlet for my ever-working mind. I love learning about all the different things to do with my blog and finding new blogs to read. I love meeting new people from all over the world and seeing what their lives are like. It's also a great way for fellow Believers to share what God is doing in their lives and to lift one another up in prayer.
There's my list for the week. Do you have one that you want to share? Pop on over to Susanne's at Living to tell the Story and add your link.