Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Friday, August 6, 2010

Awards...for me!!

I awoke to a wonderful surprise while checking my email this morning.  I won a blog award!!  I am super excited.  Beverly at The Cow Queen gave it to me, Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Now, this isn't my first blog award.  My dear friend, Laura, gave me one a few years ago and I couldn't figure out how to get the picture on my blog.  (sorry, Laura!)  I am smidge better at this whole blog thing now, so I will give it a go!


Aren't they pretty?  ;-)  I love 'em and they have inspired me to try and get Laura's award on here...I'll have to work on that one!

Okay, with these awards there are some rules. 

Here they are:
1. Thank the one who gave it to you and link to their blog.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Choose seven others to bless with the award and let them know they've won an award.


Number 1: Check.
Number 2: hmmm
Number 3:  here are my picks to pass on this blessing.


Kristine at Jewels of My Own
Laura at Live at Willis Creek Ranch
Lisa at The Berry Patch 
Erin J at The Well Trained Homeschool
Sunshine, Bigmac, and Peanut at Twizzler Girls
Gayle at The Westie Crew
Robin at Sybil x 5


Now, there were so many more blogs that I thought of and could give these awards to but the rules said only 7.  :(  So, check these out and have fun!


Now, for my list of things about me.  I know, I know it's boring and you can skip this part if you want to!



1. I am allergic to melons.  All melons.  They make me puke like there is no tomorrow.  I can't even smell them without my stomach gurgling.


2.  I love, love, love books.  I have an addiction of sorts.  I frequent library book sales and grab handfuls of random books just because they look pretty or interesting.  I have books in boxes that have never seen the light of day of been under my dh's raptor gaze!


3.  I adore having girls and get angry when people think that you have to have boys to be happy.  I get nasty when people make comments about my poor dh not having any boys.  What's with that?  Or when people are expecting and they say that they better have a boy or that they want a 'token boy'.  What happened to trusting God to give you what you need and being happy with that?  seriously.  I love having girls and I don't feel deprived in any way-at all.  Can you tell that this is a hot topic for me?  ;-}


4.  I have performed in professional music theater.  It was a world ago, but it's true.  I loved it and could have very well have lived the life of a gypsy had a handsome guy not stolen my heart.


5.  I am insecure.  Really.  I worry about people liking me and get scared when people don't talk to me in a while.  I feel like they don't like me anymore.  I don't feel like I measure up and don't think I ever will.  I don't fit into many groups and will NEVER be the quiet "church lady".  That's sooo not me!!!


6.  I love writing and am writing a book.  It's mainly just for me and my thither(sister) but I really enjoy doing it.  I have so many thoughts roaming around in my head about just about every conceivable topic that it's hard to get them all out sometimes. heehee


7.  I am a messy.  I can live in mess and it doesn't bother me.  Piles of things can be walked over or moved to another spot!  I married a neat freak.  After 18 years of marriage, we are still learning to compromise on this point. lol




Go check out these blogs and don't forget The Cow Queen!



2 comments:

berrypatch said...

I'm just now posting my thank you and passing these along. Thanks for thinking of me when you handed out your awards. ;-)

Laura said...

Renita,
I finally got this done!! I can't believe it took me so long. It completely slipped under my radar. :)

Thank you again!!!