Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Here we go...again...

I went back to the dentist this morning hoping to have this saga with m tooth over with.  It had stopped hurting so I was hopeful to complete the process.

I was scared to death, mind you, but I got myself there and even made it into the chair before I started panicking.  I kept praying.  Desperate prayers for it not to hurt.

The dentist came in, looked at it, cleaned it out a little and then tried to put the post thing in-OH MY GOSH!!!  It zinged me something fierce.  At this point I started shaking.  Not a lot just a little tremble in my hands.

He gave me the shots of Novocain and we waited.  A few minutes later he came back and started working.  IT STILL HURT.  Not a little but a lot.  He tried a few things but the pain was terrible.  I tried to be brave but honestly it was freaking me out thinking that I would have to go through that again.  My entire body started shaking.  I was trembling all over.  My heart started racing and I was on the verge of a panic attack.  Tears were threatening and I was all but ready to bolt out of the chair and head for the hills.

Praise God the dentist stopped and told me that we would have to wait for another week.  There was/is still infection down by the root and so we can not cap it off.  he told me I could go but I could barely stand up.  My body was revolting by shaking all over.  I couldn't punch the appointment into my phone because I couldn't control the shaking in my hands.  It was not pretty.

I did schedule another appointment for next week but I am going to be completely honest here-I am completely freaked out by the prospect of going back.  I so do not want to go back.  At all.  But I keep thinking that my then 9yo went through this kind of thing and handled it with grace and courage.  I guess as an adult I should at least try to match her courage!

Pray that the infection is gone by next Thursday and that there will be no more pain at the dentist because I have terrible teeth and need so much more work done and if this is the way it's going to be from on I may never go back. 

I'm not kidding. 


No comments: