Friday, July 9, 2010
Fridays Fave Five
It's that time once again in the week to reflect and be thankful. I can feel the peace washing over me as I quiet myself to really think about our week.
God is so good. Just had to say it!
Okay for my list...
1. Family. We always go to my mom's on the Fourth of July for a camp-out. It is a great time. I really love my family. We are a loud, crazy, weird, fussy, cranky, happy, loyal, kind of crew and it is wonderful!!
2. The homeschool community. The ones I know in real life and the ones I only know on my computer! I have been completely blessed by homeschool mommas reaching out to me and sending us curriculum for little or no cost because they felt the Lord leading them. Wow! I was humbled beyond words. And grateful. It was even better when I was able to pass on the same blessing to several other homeschooling mommas.
3. My husband for his never ending patience. He never complains even when he runs out of essential clothing! He just quietly asks if he can help get them done and then he does. He is the quiet harbor in the midst of the near constant storm running through our home. He brings peace and steadfastness. Thank you, Jesus!
4. Finding things that were lost! Every time we lose something it is an opportunity to pray and ask God to move in our lives. We so often forget to bring everything to Him in prayer, so we miss out on the blessings He is waiting to give us. This week we have remembered. And this week God has blessed immensely.
5. The Founding Fathers of our country who knew enough to seek God earnestly and not settle for less than hearing His voice. May we do the same now.
Okay, there is my list. Where's yours?
Go to Susanne's blog over at Living to Tell the Story to find out how you can join us.
I'll look forward to reading your list!