Friday, July 2, 2010
Friday Fave Five
Well, it has been quite a week. Some good, some bad, some just not worth thinking about again. I so need this today to think about the good things and be thankful. But frankly, my attitude stinks right now.
but I will try...
1. The weather. It has been hot, humid, and sunshiney. (yes, that's a word!) It has been beautiful. I'm not much one for summer and the all-consuming heat, but the Vit. D is amazing. lol It is gorgeous to see the clear blue sky and hear the sounds of summer all around us.
2. Books! I love books. No, let me rephrase that...I LOVE BOOKS!! The feel of them, the smell of them, even the idea of them! I have been surrounded by books this week getting ready for our next school year. There are piles of these wonderful treasures all over the house just waiting to be explored. (Yes, honey, I will get them picked up and put away soon!)
3. My kiddos. I love being home with them. They are so much fun and such a joy to me. This week has bee especially challenging with one of them and she has pushed every button that I have. But, I still love being with her. They sharpen me, challenge me to be better than I am and force me to change. That is not something I do willingly! I can't imagine sending them away for eight hours a day every day of the week. I love having them home!
4. The Drive-In theater. My oldest dd and I went to one this week and they are so much fun! We try and go as a family on the weekends and nothing beats sitting in a lawn chair watching a movie on a screen the size of a large building. lol I hope we can go many more times this summer. btw It is MUCH cheaper than the indoor type of theater.
5. Blockbuster Online. I love getting movies in the mail! It is so exciting to see what we will be watching next. I also love taking them back to the store that is just down the street and exchanging it for a FREE movie! Who doesn't love Free?
So, what's your Fave Five? Want to participate? Head on over to Susanne's at Living to Tell the Story and link up. I'll look forward to reading it. :)