Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Still behind

We started our Tech Week on Sunday the 21st and it hasn't stopped since.   Sundays rehearsal was a long one and a scary one.  It was the first tech run-through so we threw in lights, sound, sets, etc. and it threw everyone off.  We were there from 1:30-8:30 and it wore me out!

Monday we were back at rehearsal in the afternoon and it was a better one.  The kids settled down into their roles and started performing.

Tuesdays rehearsal was even better.  But by Tuesday morning Sarah was really sick.  I thought she had strep and let her go home from Monday's rehearsal early but a trip to the doctor revealed bronchial infection instead.  Yeah, isn't that great?  She plays Maleficent and has two shows on Saturday so we got her a shot and antibiotics.  She was able to do Tuesdays run-through but just barely.

By the time we got home Tuesday night I was on my sick bed.  I felt horrible and didn't care who knew it!  Wednesday morning had me waking up with a high fever, sore throat, achy joints, stuffy nose, and a cough.  I could barely move for the aches and pains.  And it only got worse throughout the day.

By this morning I had had enough and called for meds.  They called out steroids and a zpack for me.  I took all 6 steroid pills at one time and went back to bed.  Thankfully I was feeling a little better by the time we needed to be at Call Time.  I did make-up and helped get kids ready for the show.

Tonight's performance went well.  There were a few rough spots but the kids did a really good job.  They had fun and looked great.  We have three more performances between Friday and Saturday with our two kiddos performing in both shows on Saturday.

I am tired.  Super tired.  I am ready for this week to be over and to slow down a little.  At least before the summer schedule begins!



No comments: