Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What a long week

**I am post dating this to keep up the right dating for the book I am printing of my blog! bear with me, please?  ;-)

Sunday night my older two girls and I went to a Christmas play.  It was a play written and directed by a student in our homeschool group.  It was great!  He did a super job and I am so glad we went.

However, while we were at the play enjoying ourselves Steven was at home with the younger three kiddos.  He texted me and complained about the DRAMA that was going on at home.  No surprise there!

We finally got home and what did I find?  Bean sitting in the chair crying.  Her arm was propped up and she was very upset.

Evidently she and Peanut had been wrestling and Peanut(10) pulled her off the couch by her feet.  Bean(6) landed with her arm down and behind her.  Screaming like a banshee commenced along with much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

By the time I got home her elbow was swollen and she was in quite a bit of pain.  I tried to move it, yeah not smart but I always do it, and she almost threw up.  Not a good sign.

The minor emergency was closed, however, and so we had to wait until morning to have her seen.

She and I were up early Monday morning to get to the meo by 8 and were there for two hours.  :(  By the time we left Bean had a half cast on and an appointment to see the doc again next week.

Her arm is broken up by her elbow but it was too swollen to see clearly or to cast it.  So not cool.

Here are some pics:

She was crying bc she thought it would hurt. 
She's crying bc it DID hurt.  :(

The nurse & I made her laugh after the tears.

She is not admiring it-it was throbbing. 
We finally got out of there with the cast, a sling, an appointment, and a warning that it would probably get worse before it got better.  It did.  She cried for almost three days.  Hopefully next week we will know more and they can put her in a full cast so it's better protected.



2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Poor little one. You are printing off your blog. What program did you use? I started, computer crashed and I lost it all - haven't begun again. I need to.

Jennifer said...

Glad she is doing better.