Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Opportunity to Bless

Each year our homeschool group goes caroling at a local nursing home.  We sing four or five songs and then pass out handmade cards to the residents.  It is a sweet time for the moms to be able to watch their children bless others.  I love to see my girls hug, hold hands, and visit with these wonderful people.  To see the looks on the faces of the residents when the children are talking to them is absolutely priceless.

And this year we got to take Bug with us.  She was a little hesitant at first but was soon blowing kisses, saying Hi and Bye, and giving hugs!  She was so good and the residents just adored her.  I wonder how often the residents are visited by children or get to hug on little ones.

I love that our group makes this a priority and I look forward to it every year.  I think it blesses me more than it does the residents.  ;-)


No comments: