Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Change

Change is hard.  It's never easy.  In fact, I hate change most of the time.  Except my hair, I have to change it almost daily.  I seriously can't have the same hairstyle for more than a few days at a time.  But other than that, I really abhor change.

But that is what we are about to do as a family.  We are changing something.  Big.  And it's about time.  I am excited for this change but at the same time I'm a little anxious for my kids.  This is going to be a major change for them and that can be scary.

But following God often can be scary because we can't see the outcome of what we are being asked to do.  I want to teach my daughters to follow God even when the road is scary.  To follow when others think we are doing the wrong thing for the wrong reasons.  To have such a deep and personal relationship with Their Savior that they will follow Him no matter what others say.

But to teach them that, we have to model it ourselves.  So, tomorrow starts a new adventure in our lives and I have to admit that I'm a little nervous.  What is it that we are going to do?  I can't say just yet.  We are keeping it in our family until we are sure of our direction and are secure as a family in our decision.  Please pray for us as we head off in this new direction.