Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Monday, March 8, 2010

WARNING: Rant, Rage, Whatever You Want to Call It

I am frustrated.  What is wrong with people?  Does no one think it necessary to follow the rules?  The laws? 

Does anyone else see the red sign with white letters that says STOP?  Or is that sign for everybody except them?  I mean really.  Do they think that everyone else has to obey the laws and that somehow they are magically exempt?  No, I know...they are just better than everyone else; that's why they don't have to obey the laws.  Maybe the laws only apply if someone is there to see you do it.  Kind of like that tree in the forest.

I was driving home from the store and almost from the instant that I pulled out of the parking spot people were being rude.  It started with the guy that was driving down the middle of the parking lot.  He left almost no room for oncoming traffic and then got mad when people couldn't go by him.

Then, I was trying to drive down a ONE WAY part of the parking lot and someone decided to go the wrong way.  They were coming straight at me.  There was no where for me to go.  I was going the correct way and the person doing the wrong thing FLIPPED ME OFF!  They also were yelling obsenities at us.  Seriously?  Why am I the one being berated?  I wasn't the one in the wrong.

Next, as I was finally leaving the parking lot the person in front of me got up to the stop sign and just rolled right through it.  ????

Obviously I have misinterpreted the signs that I am seeing and only thought that I had to obey them.  So I did something that I shouldn't have.

On our street there are no street markings-no dividing lines.  As a car approached me that was driving in the middle of the street, I decided to not move over and let them do whatever they wanted.  I drove in the middle of the street, as well. 

I figured that if they could do whatever, so could I.  The look on their face was priceless.  They were incredulous that I was driving in the middle of the road.  The shock of what I was doing was evident by their expression and yet I was only doing what they were doing.  Why is it so shocking and bad when I was doing it and yet it was okay for them?

I am happy to say that the other car moved and so did I; albeit ever so slightly and only enough for each car to pass w/o hitting the other one.

Not one of my better moments in life.  There are others that are worse than this, but we won't talk about them!

It is sad when a society is more concerned about doing and gettting what ever they want regardless of how it affects anyone else.  The stop sign is there for a reason.  You don't have to like it, you don't even have to agree with it; but you should obey it. 

Because it's the right thing to do.  It helps protect everyone.  It shows concern for others. 

Okay, I'm done.  For now anyway.  I guess I am just tired of people being selfish and rude.  Back to your regularly scheduled nice family blog.  ;-)


1 comment:

Beauty said...

I know where you are coming from. I was driving down Howard going to the stop sign before you get to 1st street. Well just as I got even with the drive way from Dillons the was a little old lady that could just see over the dash, she didn't stop, she just rounded the corner in front of me. Thank God that I have good breaks cause there was only a hair distance from each other. She never did act like she saw me. I had my lights on and driving a big van. The Lord takes care of me and I thank him greatly!!!!!!!!!! lovem