Our youngest was given a necklace for her bday by her grandmother. It is beautiful! She wanted to show my uncle and so took it into the kitchen where he was. My back was to them and so I didn't see what happened, but I did hear the "Oh No!". I turned around to see the look of panic on her face and my brother getting down on the floor. She had dropped the necklace down the vent. It went all the way down. :-(
My brother felt around and couldn't find it. It had already fallen down the vent shaft. He went to the storage room to find the shaft in the ventilation system and found the shaft that was under the kitchen. He tried to get it to come apart, but couldn't. So we decided to wait for Daddy.
Daddy got his tools together and braced himself for the cobwebs and dust(he has allergies).
Ten minutes and sand in crevices later, he recovered the necklace!! He scored big points for that one.