Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day.  it is a day that is celebrated by so many and yet for others it is a day filled with sorrow and pain.  I spent many years dreading Mother's Day.  I would avoid going anywhere, especially church.  They would pass out flowers and have all the mothers stand for applause.  I couldn't do it.  Through those years of miscarriages I learned a new appreciation for those 'on the outside'. 

My heart would break everytime the word mother was mentioned.  It hurt with a pain so deep that I couldn't even give it a voice.  There was no way to describe the heartache.  It was consuming.

One of the things I learned is that all women are mothers.  You may not have given birth to a child, adopted one, or whatever other way there is to be a 'mother' but you are a mother none the less.  If you are around people younger than you, you are a mother.  God gave women the instint to mother and you do it all the time.  You guide, protect, love, instruct, encourage, correct, and give your heart to those around you.  That is being a mother. 

So, whether you gave birth to a child or adopted one or just parent the children you come in contact with I say Happy Mother's Day.

Liz Curtis Higgs posted something on her Facebook status today that fits exactly what I am feeling. 

"For all who are celebrating this Mother's Day, may the Lord bless you. For all who are mourning this Mother's Day, may the Lord comfort you. For all who are struggling this Mother's Day, may the Lord strengthen you. "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Prov 31:29"

God Bless.

No comments: