Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Monday, March 10, 2008

A Glorious Day!

Just when I had made my resolve to retrain the kids; it turns out to be GORGEOUS today!!!

Well, I was going to stick to my guns and make them clean.

But, I had an epiphany!


Why should they get out of doing school work? That IS part of their job and I need to train them to be more responsible for it.

SO...we started school after we got home from gymnastics and worked until almost 1 o'clock! I don't think that they thought that I was going to keep to my word. :(

I told them to get a quick lunch and then to meet me in the school room. At 1:45 we started cleaning and organizing. We didn't stop until around 3 o'clock! AND we still are not done. (Does that tell you how messy it was?)


I had to be right there reminding them to stay on task and to do the work to the best of their ability.


It was sooo hard because the backyard was calling to us.

They finally went outside until 4:30 when we ate supper. After they cleaned up supper and made sure that school work was turned into me; we went on a bike ride. WOOHOO!!

We were gone for over an hour! We got lost going to the park and then we got lost on the way home. TEEHEE!

Then there were baths and early bed for the two older ones for having a bad attitude towards me today. :(

Here are some pics of the day.







All in all, it was a good day.

The girls aren't liking the whole idea of retraining; but, then again, neither am I!


1 comment:

Kristine said...

Renita, I agree. Whenever I start to slack off for any reason, my kids pick up on that SO fast, and it's like starting all over. It never fails to amaze me how 15 mins. of ME not paying attention will throw our whole day off by hours by the time it's finally done.

Good habits are well worth the efforts!