We took a family vacation this summer to Branson. We do it every year but this year we decided to spice it up a little!
I sent a few emails to some shows to see if they would be willing to let us review their shows and the Dixie Stampede said yes! We were thrilled to put it mildly. Steven and I had been many years ago and really wanted to share it with the kids this year.
As the day drew closer to us going we tried to rack our brains to remember what would occur. The girls had tons of questions about it and couldn't contain them. All of them-the older ones anyway! The 3yo was just along for the ride.
We answered their questions as best we could and showed up for the pre-show. First of all, let me say that you should not miss the pre-show if you can help it. The pre-show we saw was a juggler and his step-son. They were AMAZING! We all just sat there with our jaws on the floor watching them juggle balls and balance golf clubs. It was seriously cool.
After the pre-show you are ushered into your seats in the arena. Yes, the arena. It is just like the horse barn we went to with our uncle when he was buying horses. Except the smell of course! Also in this arena there were tables and chairs to sit in. ;-) We quickly found our seats, which are assigned thankfully, and our server was waiting for us. She was friendly and very helpful.
We were served drinks first. Lots of drinks! Our waitress was refilling our glasses everytime they were a little past the half-way mark-we never ran out of our chosen drinks. Then the food started coming out and it seemed like it didn't stop. We were eating and eating and eating. It was so delicious we didn't not want to try anything! A bonus for the kids was that there were no utensils. They were supposed to eat with their hands! Everyone except the 3year old thought that was a great idea. She just looked at the table and tried to find the silverware. She eventually ate with her hands but went through a bunch of napkins. ;-)
We were completely stuffed. The food is incredibly delicious and the service was fantastic. And they have a vegetarian meal as well!
The show was amazing as well. The horses, buffalo, ostrich races (my favorite, I think), lumberjack races, singing, dancing, magic tricks, pig races, and more all while the North and South compete for flags to win the day.
This is a family show that all ages will not only enjoy but ask to go back again and again.
From the website:
Minutes from miles of everything, including Silver Dollar City Family Adventures Theme Park, family members of all ages and groups of all sizes agree that Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede Dinner and Show is the perfect combination of world class entertainment and fantastic four course dining!
If that wasn't enough, in addition to our main event, every Dixie Stampede ticket also includes pre-show entertainment in our world famous Carriage Room featuring our Opening Act where the entire family can enjoy the fun and excitement of our fabulous opening act.
Only Dixie Stampede brings you this diverse mix of talent in such a family-friendly atmosphere. You won’t want to miss it!
Here is some additional information you should know:
- Children under the age of 3 are free only if they sit in a parent's lap and eat from their plate. If you wish for your child to receive a seat or a meal, a regular children's admission will apply.
- The Carriage Room Opening Act begins 50 minutes prior to our exciting show. Plan ahead so you don't miss our fabulous opening act!
- Each Dixie Stampede Show Ticket includes general admission, a fabulous four-course feast, and spectacular show.
- Delicious Vegetarian meals are available upon request.
- Our facilities are fully accessible for individuals with special needs. Please advise us if members of your party have a wheelchair, hearing assistance or other special needs and we will gladly accommodate you.
- The Dixie Stampede Dinner Attraction involves live animals, dramatic lighting, sound and pyrotechnics. If you or anyone in your party has allergies or medical conditions, please be advised to take the necessary precautions prior to entering the facility.
Ticket Prices vary according to show and time of year. But generally the Adult prices are $50 and the kids $24.61. Always check ticket prices through their website or calling to make sure you know your total. Like I said, it is pricey but oh so worth it!
You can contact Dixie Stampede here:
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
(865) 453 4400
Or visit their website.
I recommend the Dixie Stampede for the whole family. It is good, wholesome, amazing fun that everyone will enjoy.
I was given discount tickets in exchange for an honest review. The opinions are my own and companies are not guaranteed positive reviews.
Four Course Meal