Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

THE OLYMPICS!!! --August 12--

By day we are mild-mannered homeschoolers. By night we are fanatical fans of the Olympics!

Let me just say this up front. I LOVE THE OLYMPICS I have watched them for as long as I can remember. They fascinate me. I truly enjoy the competition and marvel at the accomplishments that the athletes make.

Now, I really will watch most anything that is at the Olympics; but, since we don't have cable or satellite, we are limited to what is on network tv at night. I am not complaining especially since they show some during the day and I can watch at lunch time!

So far, we have been watching Michael Phelps swim to MANY, MANY records; Shawn Johnson and Nastia Liukin win medals and wow the world; the Men's Gymnastics amaze the world and win Bronze; May and Walsh dominate in Beach Volley Ball; Rogers and Dalhausser come from behind in Beach Volley Ball. We have been busy in the evenings!

I am proud to be an American. How amazing for these athletes to be able to compete on the World Stage and represent their country. WOW I cannot even imagine the joy and pressure they feel.

I am probably in the minority, but I also believe that it is just an honor to go to the Olympics. How many people can say that they are good enough at what they do to say they are one of the best in the world? Not many. Even if they don't do well, they can say that they were good enough to go. We can not say that. I am proud of even the person that finishes last if they do it with all of their heart and to the best of their abilities.

We still have sooo much more of the Olympics to watch and I can't wait. Track and Field has just started and already records are starting to fall.

To God be the Glory for the way He has made us and for the beauty in His creation discovering how they can use His gifts.



3 comments:

Lisa said...

AMEN SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!! I am addicted to the Olympics. I don't really care what sport i am watching, as long as it is the Olympics! The other day i watched field hockey, rowing, and the TRAMPOLINE!!!!! It was AMAZING! Plus I watched all the stuff you mentioned!!! HAHA GO USA GO!

chillywilly said...

I HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANY SLEEP SINCE THEY STARTED.

Lisa said...

Poor Aunt Bobby!!!! I know what you mean!!!! I am soo tired all day long!