Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Friday, May 13, 2011

Someday I will get caught up, right?

At least that’s what I keep telling myself.  It is a bit of a mantra at the moment.  I keep repeating it over and over hoping that it’s true.  There is just too much to do in any given day and it NEVER gets done. 

I just need to learn to live with getting done what I can and letting the rest get done when I am able to get around to it.  The problem with that?  I am a procrastinator from way back and I will put things off indefinitely. 

Take for instance getting pictures off of the camera.  I haven’t done that since Christmas.  Yup, you read that right.  Christmas!  I actually couldn’t take pictures at the soccer games on Saturday because the memory card was FULL!!  That was fun to explain to Steven.  Not.  So, I pull pictures that I want right off of the card and leave the rest alone; waiting for another day.

School can veer down that path as well if I’m not careful.  I can easily fall into the “Oh let’s have pajama and movie day for the fourth time this week and do school later!” mode way too easily.  Frankly that scares me silly.  So, I try to keep a tighter reign on that than on anything else. 

But, I’m thinking that balance would be a great thing right about now.  Especially since we have a toddler in the house again.  We are settling into a new normal and finding a new groove to work school around.  We haven’t perfected it and quite frankly I don’t think we ever will; but we are trying!

For school we are continuing our study of Colonial America and the founding our amazing country.  I love teaching and learning about this time in our history.  So much of what our country is is based on the things that happened then and the people that made them happen.  How fortunate we are to be able to study and learn the truths our fore-fathers laid out for us.  We could learn some things from their examples.

For now, I will leave you with some pictures.  :-D

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments: