Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Whole New LIght

I am currently doing a Bible Study that is teaching me how to investigate Scripture for myself and I am finding it fascinating!!

One of the ways to study is to look up the meaning of the words in a concordance and dictionary. Then, you insert those into the Scripture.

The verse I chose was Rev. 5:13. It says, "To him who sits on the throne and to the lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, forever and ever."


Now, here is how I 'rewrote' it after looking up the words:

'To Him who dwells or resides on the stately and powerful seat and to the Lamb be blessing and adoration, value and esteem to the highest degree, great splendor and vigor, dominion, might and strength, perpetually, without end.'

It is interesting to me to think of the Scripture like this. It gives it a whole new meaning and power if we understand the words that are involved.

1 comment:

Lisa in Jax said...

Very cool! What book are you using?