Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Monday, January 7, 2008

It's still alive!

I have a black thumb. It doesn't matter what kind of plant it tis; I will kill it. Seriously. I have had Bonsai trees, cactus, and supposedly hard to kill ferns - I have killed them all. It is a talent really.

Well, my mother seems to think that if she keeps giving me plants that eventually one of them will survive. And...this one has made it for two months!! I think that I may have a party for it.


It doesn't have quite as many flowers as it did when she first brought it; BUT, it is still alive. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have that black thumb, too. When we first moved into this house seven years ago, I saw this teeny tiny potted ivy in Wal-Mart and put it in my buggy. My son, 13 at the time, kept saying, "Aww, Mom. Please don't buy it. Set it free and let it live." Ha ha. I have kept it alive all these years - until now. :^( I discovered it all shriveled up the other day. I tried dousing it liberally with water. So far it hasn't revived. I think when the leaves are crunchy, it's too far gone.

Decorative or flowering plants (inside and out) I don't do well. Vegetables and herbs I do very well. I guess I should stick with lettuce instead of lantana.