Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

An Answer

Well, as you know I have been struggling and praying for some time about my thorn in the flesh and how to deal with it/what to do with it. This morning in my devotions, I was given an answer!

I have been using the book The Busy Mom's Guide to Bible Study by Lisa Whelchel in the mornings. I don't usually use someone else's devotion/study guides like this; however, in this book she explains different methods for studying and understanding the Word that are very straightforward and useful. I have been finding it extremely informative and quick to use. Which, with 4 kiddos, is an absolute must.

Anyway, this morning the lesson is about meditating on a scripture to really understand it. Praying it, memorizing it, writing it on paper and carrying it with you. The verse she offered to meditate on (I usually pick a different one to get the full benefits of learning the method) was from Psalm 1 and it was directed right at me.

Here it is:
"His delight is in the law of the Lord,
and on his law he meditates day and night.
He is like a tree planted by streams of water
that yields its fruit in its season,
and its leaf does not wither.
In all that he does, he prospers."

Psalm 1:2-3

He finds joy in God's law, in the Word. He memorizes it and thinks about it at every moment. This gives him a ready source of life and encouragement when things are tough. It keeps him grounded in good soil that will nourish a harvest at the right time. It is a source that will not run out. He learns something and grows from every situation that comes along.

That is exactly what I needed to hear. I have found my answer on how to deal with my thorn and I will start right now. Praise the Lord for His Word and His constant care for us.

No comments: