Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Second thoughts

I am having second thoughts.

Maybe third and fourth thoughts as well.

I am not sure why I thought I could do this. Especially on my own. I have never really done this on my own before that it didn't turn out horribly wrong. I am just not good at this. ANYONE, that knows me will attest to this. It is just not a gift of mine.

Would you like to know what I am talking about?

Well, I joined the Decorating through the year challenge and now I am worried that I have gotten myself into something that could go terribly wrong in a matter of minutes in the paint store.

I am challenged when it comes to picking paint color. I do not do it well and usually someone has to come in behind me and fix what I have just done! Seriously. There is a famous pistachio green color that will live in infamy in my family. Once I put it on the walls, my dh said that it looked like someone had thrown up on it. It really did.


So, fast forward to today. I painted the spare room and now I am scared. I am not sure if I like it. I was going to do two tones of brown for the walls; but, do to budget constraints I chose to just do one. And I don't think that I like it.

See what you think.

Here is another one:

I am not sure if the color is quite right. I need someone to come over and help me!!

I have to put the second coat on later this afternoon, so I guess I am stuck with it. Maybe I won't paint the next room!

4 comments:

chillywilly said...

Sister stop doubting yourself. I like the color. It will look different once you get the bottom painted. I'm sorry I didn't come over to help:(
luv ya
Robin

Anonymous said...

I think the shade of brown you selected is warm and cozy. Good choice, in my opinion!

Kristine said...

Paint thoughts.

Dh and I almost got divorced trying to decide on the right shade of white. And we weren't even married yet.

There was the neon blueberry color I later chose for the kitchen. It made our eyes hurt every morning. We painted over it within a few months.

There was the dining room that we painted three different shades of navy blue before we got it right. (At least that wasn't totally my fault, lol!)

There was the family room that dh called "pumpkin." I thought it looked awesome; he never cared for it. But it matched a color in the very neutral adjoining wallpaper in the kitchen . . .

If you aren't sure about this paint color, you might consider sponging or otherwise texturing the second layer. I haven't actually done it (dh won't let me!), but you can find info online or ask at SHS. Or you might mix your remaining paint with a darker shade if you want to go deeper/richer.

The good thing about paint is that it's not that much of a commitment.

:)

Lisa in Jax said...

LOL! I like the color and what you've done to the room!

Believe me, no one can match my Peptobismal Purple bedroom in Miami. We lived there 6 years and I never repainted even though we all hated it.LOL

Keep up the great job!