Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What a day!

I was doing great today. I got up early, had my devotions, made breakfast for everyone, started some laundry, and then it happened. I went to change the laundry, opened the lid and that's when I saw it. There was water standing in the washing machine. It shouldn't have been; but, it was. I tried to turn it to the spin cycle when I noticed a slight burnt rubber/hot metal smell. Not good, right? :(

I spent the next 45 minutes scooping water out of it, then I had to get the clothes out. I was able to put them in the sink in the laundry room so I could get all of the water out. Next, I had to wring out the clothes and load them in the dryer.

I am pretty sure that if I had been born before the washing machine was invented that my family would either be wearing incredibly dirty clothes or we would buy new ones every week! Seriously. LOL

Here are the pictures to document what took up most of my day!


Thank goodness we have a huge sink right next to the washing machine! That made it a little easier to get the sopping wet clothes out of the frigid water!

I wish I could put in the stinky smell that accompanied this sight. I guess you will just have to use your imagination for that one.

No comments: