Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Friday, January 18, 2008

The last remaining evidence

It is always sad to me to take down the Christmas decorations. I try and delay as long as possible for two reasons: 1. I love Christmas and everything that goes with it. 2. It makes me sad to take it all down. One year I made it until the middle of February and the dh told me in no uncertain terms that it had to come down, NOW!!

This year, I have it all down already. That is except for the gingerbread house the girls made. They did the whole thing without me. It was such fun to watch them cooperating and trying to figure out how to get the roof to stay put. And then to watch dd4 -the 2yo- put one piece of candy on the house and then eat two!! So, I just can't bear to take it down just yet.


Didn't they do a great job? I am not sure if you can tell that most of the candy on the roof is gone! I will give you one guess as to who ate it!










I suppose that I will have to take it down soon so that dd4 won't get sick picking off the stale candy and licking the month old frosting! LOL

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Yes, the gingerbread house looks great! We've made this a tradition for at least 7 years now. It gets easier to throw it out, believe me!!