Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Homeschooling and beautiful weather

Today was a gorgeous day!  Unlike the last beautiful day we had I didn't make us trek all over the city on foot!  We did, however, move our school outside.

How could we not?  It was absolutely lovely out there.  Our front yard is covered by two large trees so it stays shady almost all day long.  Between the shade and the light breeze, we were almost chilly.  We really spent the whole morning laying about on blankets doing school work!  We got quite a few stares from passers-by and more than an occasional craning of the neck. heehee  I know they were wondering what we were doing; but no one asked.  ;-D

Lunchtime came and we went to the library-in the car!  It was a much faster trip this time. lol  Lunch was a treat of McDonald's.  Treat, you ask?  Yup, 'cause I didn't have to make it or clean it up!  And then we actually watched a little t.v.  It was an interesting episode of I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant.  That always stirs up such interesting conversations on biology, anatomy, and birth-control pills!  (not sure why we watched it actually!)




Afternoon school time found us outside again.  The girls made mosaics while I read.  (these mosaics were supposed to be done a few weeks ago, but at least we are getting to them, right?)  We started at 1pm and read straight through 3:30!  Homework time was a little short since we needed to clean up before Steven got home at 4:30.  Yikes!

Working so hard!  I forgot to post one pic, so I'll have to update later.

See the shade?  It was almost 4 o'clock by this point!
Listening to Botany and planting trees in Daddy's grass!!
Just because I like taking pics of feet.  ;-D

All was well and we mostly got the house picked up.  :)


It was a pretty good day with all of our school getting done.  At least I think so! lol

1 comment:

Kristine said...

AWESOME day! (I hope blogger lets me post this time!) Aren't these the day hs memories are made of? :)