Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday's Fave Five




It is time once again to ponder the blessings God has brought me this week.  I am sure there are too many to list if I would endeavor to name them all.  But alas, I cannot.  I must pick five only. 

My first would be new books that are really old!  I love reading and will read many books ever so much more than the average person.  I love to re-visit old friends through the pages of literature.  This week, I have started Jane Eyre, again!  And next I will start North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell.  (I won't tell you about the other 6 books I am reading.  And yes, I read them all at the same time!)

My next favorite would be movies based on books!  The faithful re-tellings of good books that is.  I enjoy seeing characters I love given form and substance in a way that honors the authors original ideas.  *see the first fave five!

My third favorite for the week is BSF!!  I got the call last night and they found a group for me to be in.  Yay!  I am having a little trouble concentrating on the lesson at this point but that could be due to the fact that I'm not sleeping well at night and nothing at all to do with the subject matter. lol  It has been a while since I have been involved in a corporate Bible Study and I am so looking forward to it.

Fourth on my list is our weather.  I love living in a state that has all the seasons every year.  It makes it even more interesting to see several of those seasons in the same day! haha  This week we had a hail storm that pounded hail on us that was traveling in excess of 100mph.  No kidding.  We found several pieces in our yard that were as big as our hands. 


And last but not least, I am thankful that God loves my children enough to let them get caught in their sin.  It is so hard to watch your children make sinful choices but some lessons are better learned the hard way.  Praise God that He will catch them and restore them.  (nobody freak out, it wasn't a *major ordeal but it was big enough)


How about you?  Do you have a list of favorite things God has blessed you with this week?  If so, head on over to Living to tell the Story and share with us.


7 comments:

ReneeK said...

Renita,
Looks like the hail we got over at my house. I still need to post the pictures.
I wanted to give you a Lovely Blog Award to you. You can stop by my blog to pick it up. Thank you for opening your home to me to give me info. about TOG.


http://reneek-littlehomeschoolontheprairie.blogspot.com/2010/09/one-lovely-blog-award.html

Jerralea said...

Interesting list, Renita!

I have always wanted to be involved in BSF! Maybe someday there will be time in my schedule...

That is some serious hail! Wow, if anyone got conked on the head with those, I'm sure they'd have a concussion.

Your thoughts on #5 are interesting to me. I agree that sometimes we learn the hard way ... (I've got one daughter for sure that learns that way ...)

Unknown said...

great list! The best help we can sometimes give our kids are letting them experience life and God's grace!

Karyn said...

That is pretty impressive hail! I find it interesting that you list it as a favorite. :)

We have all seasons here, too....I think I'd rather skip winter though.

Your final thought is very profound......and true. Good for you to have this attitude.

Cindy said...

Wow, I mean wow I have never seen hail that large, this takes an award for sure. I can't imagine being hit by any of this.

It has always been my wonder how or when one finds time to read a book a day but 6 at the same time, too much information for me.

Wendy said...

Renita,

Saw your comment on LPL's site. Just wanted to encourage you. Stay on waiting list for BSF, it is wonderful! Praying for an answer for you soon. Start reading Isaiah, it will help when you do get that call!

Wendy

Willow said...

While I was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest and experienced the four seasons there, I must admit I love Southern California weather now!

Kids getting caught? I have to agree with you-- we had friends who prayed that their kids would get caught in their wrongdoings. Their son complained that no one else ever got caught, only him. (Smile)