Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Tears and more tears

Living with girls is wonderful.  Most of the time.  It is fun to have all the girl toys and the hair and then make-up when they get older.  The chick flicks that dh won't watch, the girl talks.  I love it all.

What I don't love is all the tears.  And there are a lot of them.  All the time.  About everything.

Now, don't get me wrong, I cry at a ton of things.  Commercials, cards, sad stories related to me fourth-hand, etc.  What I don't get is crying because, that's it, just because.

The hormones of teens, I get.  Mostly.  Tears of frustration, totally get.  But tears in the middle of the night because the 5yo wants to be a baby again?  I do not understand that.  At all.

How many reasons do I have to think of to convince said 5yo that being a baby again isn't all it's cracked up to be?  Quite a few evidently.  She was still unconvinced as she fell asleep.  She's still asleep this morning so we will see how well it worked. lol

More tears are coming today.  The girls are crying every time someone mentions my surgery. 

I love girls, I really do.  Really.  ;-)


1 comment:

berrypatch said...

Well, as the mom of three boys I'm really not convinced I have less tears. They don't cry when they get older. My oldest is 13 & he rarely cries. However, JUST today the 6 & 9 year old cried at least 3-4 times EACH - seriously. Oh well, this too shall pass right? ;-)