Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Random Dozen

This week I am going to participate in a new Meme.


Why you ask?


'Cause I'm crazy, that's why! lol  Actually, I am having such a great time with Friday's Fave Five that I thought I would do another.  We'll see how it goes.  :)


This one is Random Dozen and it's hosted by 2nd cup of coffee.


1. What is your favorite Mexican dish? hmm...Chicken Enchiladas? no, Chipotle burritos...

2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate? There was homework?  oops

3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings?  Wal-mart? Target?  I don't really buy very many very often so I'm not sure!!

4. When you were young, did you like school lunches?  Yup!  Mainly because of the talking we could do while we were eating.  Plus, I just like food.  :)

5. Is religion a crutch? I guess for some it can be, but it's not intended to be.  I would have to argue that true Christianity is not a religion but a relationship.

6. In your region, what is the "big" (most popular in the community or state) high school sport? Depends on the school but most likely football or basketball.  Soccer is pushing up the ranks though.

7. Do you consider yourself rich?  What standard are comparing to?  The vast majority of the world?  Yes, I am.  Or are we talking about the things that really matter?  If so, then I am very rich.  I have a wonderful family and a God that loves me.  What more can I ask for?

8. Which of these would you have the best chance for success in administering:
A) CPR I'm pretty sure I could do this, should I practice?
B) Heimlich Maneuver  hmm where do I put my balled fist?
C) Changing a flat tire  Yup, this would be my pick!  Just check the lug nuts and make sure they are tight enough!!

9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
A) Salsa  Sexy!  Oh yeah, I would love to do this with my hubby!!  oolala
B) Hip Hop Fun, fun, fun,!  Yup, I have done this and love it!
C) Waltz  Classy!  Romantic, too.
D) Swing  Big Band music?  Count me in!

10. What's the worst news you've ever delivered to someone? Telling my dh that we miscarried another baby.

11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics.  Life in the real world is not vastly different from High School.  There are mean people that will hate you just because they can and in the long run they don't matter either.  It is important to be comfortable with who God made you.

12. New variation on an old question: If there's a song in your head that just won't get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song?  'Cause I got a couple dents in my fender, got a couple rips in my jeans.  Trying to fit the pieces together perfection is my enemy.  On my own I'm so clumsy, but on your shoulder I can see I'm free to be me. 


Want to participate and see what everyone else is sayin'?   Head on over to 2nd cup of Coffee and link up!




11 comments:

Mel said...

Thank you for stopping by at my random dozen. Following you now :)
http://heismybeloved.blogspot.com

Maribeth said...

Loved your answers. Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Welcome! We're glad you joined us today and hope that you will be back. Random Dozen is a fun meme. Enjoyed your answers and humor. Blessings and joy to you!

Kathy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I enjoyed your answers, and I read several of your older posts and enjoyed them. Hope you are over your cold soon :)

Pam from alertandorientedx4 said...

Thanks for stopping by! Loved your answers and your blog is so cute!

Lisa Laree said...

Welcome to The Random Dozen Crew! :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thank you for stopping over today.
Loved reading your answers too! You so funny. Sorry about the miscarriages. I have a blog where I send out handkerchiefs to women who have lost their babies. I started it a year ago and have mailed out over 230 of them. ((HUGS))

momma24 said...

Debby, What a wonderful ministry to the broken-hearted. It is a lovely gift that you give them.

SusanD said...

So glad you joined the RD12. Enjoyed reading your answers. Your are absolutely spot on with #11. Love the song you chose. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD

Susanne said...

Your homework answer cracked me right up!

I totally agree with you on #5. It makes all the difference!

See you tomorrow at FFF?! :v)

Joyce said...

Thanks for stopping by...it was fun to read your answers. After this weeks random I'm for sure having some Mexican food this weekend!