Friday, August 27, 2010
Friday's Fave Five
Okay, I almost forgot this today. It has been a kind of long day around here. But, after our family movie I suddenly remembered that I forgot to post this! Did you follow that? I'm not sure I did. heehee
1. I am so thankful for my homseschool group. We had our orientation meeting on Monday and I got to visit with these wonderful women. We ate, talked, planned, and laughed. What a blessing that God has allowed me to be part of their lives.
2. Do-overs. This week hasn't been the greatest regarding school. We have done the basics but fell short with just about everything else. Our Tapestry studies were almost nill and we will be repeating Week 2 next week. Hence being thankful for Do-overs. We are going to re-do this week and not stress about it. Because I got to snuggle, play, and hang out with four of my most favorite people in the world. Praise God for the little joys.
3. I love the fact that all of my girls can swim. I can't. Well, I can a little but probably not enough to save my life for more than thirty seconds. :( We have been using our neighbors pool and I am so enjoying watching them play and swim. Especially N, our 5yo. She taught herself to swim and is our little fish. I think I may change her nickname from Bean to Nemo!
4. French Vanilla Cappuccino Mix from Aldi. I got addicted to this stuff almost two years ago. Seriously addicted. Then in early June I went to buy our two cases(yes, I said two cases) and they didn't have any. They weren't going to carry it through the summer because it is a seasonal item. WHAT?? Coffee is seasonal? In what world? Certainly not mine. I wrote headquarters and begged them to send me several cases. I didn't hear back from them. Then, the girls and I went to get some groceries and what did we find? That's right, my favorite go-go juice was back in my life. Can you say "Happy Momma?" Sure you can, my kids did! I will never know if they got my email and responded by sending it back to their store, but I am going to think so while I drink my liquid gold every morning.
5. I made it home from the dentist. I was worried about it. I have terrible teeth. I always have. But now since I am hypocalcemic and it makes it worse. My teeth are weak and are prone to cavities. Of which I have many. Several of them are pretty bad. One is in the front and has been broken for quite a while. There is just never enough money to fix it. It makes me sad that people notice it. Today, however, I had to have a somewhat deep cleaning since I haven't been in, well a very long time. I didn't cry and only flinched a few times! I thank God for my dentist. He is wonderful. But I don't want to go back. :(
I love looking back on the week and remembering God's blessings in my life. What are your blessings this week? If you want to participate, go to Susanne's at Living to tell the Story and link up.