Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday's Fave Five


This week has been so strange!  I have been recuperating from the surgery last week and find that things are just harder right now.  We are back at school full time-that has been a challenge! lol  It hasn't been a terrible week, just odd.

The week started slowly and never really progressed past that.  There were many blessings though, and I am so thankful to have a moment to look back on them and share them.

1.  A mostly quick recovery.  I am feeling pretty good at this point and really can't complain about the pain.  It is very manageable and subsiding quickly.  God has been very merciful to me.  I just get tired out quickly, which leads me to my next Fave Five.

2.  The ability to lay down and take a nap in the afternoons.  That can happen because we homeschool and can arrange our schedule to fit out needs.  And because my kiddos are fairly self-sufficient and willing to let me rest.  They carry on and even make dinner for me! Thank you, God, for kids that are willing to serve.

3.  Our family doctor.  Steven and I have been going to him for over 18 years and he is like a member of the family.  Of course, with how much we see him he pretty much is part of the family! lol  He is wonderful with our kids and is a Godly man.  He is a God-send for us.

4.  A break in the 100* weather.  It has been positively oven-like for longer than I care to think of and we finally caught a break.  It got down in the 80's!!  Seriously, though it felt downright chilly that day.  :)  Praise God for the relief and the glimpse of Fall to keep us going.

5.  Blogging!  I love to write and need an outlet for my ever-working mind.  I love learning about all the different things to do with my blog and finding new blogs to read.  I love meeting new people from all over the world and seeing what their lives are like.  It's also a great way for fellow Believers to share what God is doing in their lives and to lift one another up in prayer.   

There's my list for the week.  Do you have one that you want to share?  Pop on over to Susanne's at Living to tell the Story and add your link. 


9 comments:

berrypatch said...

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. ;-) I'm thankful to "know" you in various places on the 'Net plus now to be on the Crew with you. Cool. :-)

momma24 said...

It's crazy how small the net is, isn't it? :) I am 'thankful' to know you in so many various places as well!!

Jerralea said...

I hear you on the break in the weather. I feel like we have been living in an oven.

I'm glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. It is so nice that your family is helpful during this time - AND that you can take naps. What a blessing!

I love blogging also. It's my favorite thing to do.

Brenda said...

Blogging is a great outlet for me as well.

Glad you can nap occasionally, I hope you recover quickly.

Willow said...

What a blessing the cooler weather is for you, especially as you are recovering. Give those kiddos an extra hug and thank you for being so self sufficient this week. :)

Gattina said...

Wish you that you fully recover quickly !
I love to write too and blogging is the ideal mean for that.
In Europe home schooling is not allowed only in real very special cases but I don't know any. Even in hospitals children have school lessons.

ellen b. said...

Glad to hear you are recovering well and that you get to have a much needed nap in the afternoon! Happy for the break in the weather for you, too! Have a wonderful weekend!

Lisa notes... said...

Glad your recovery is coming along. I love the flexibility of homeschool, too. It really comes in handy at times. Sounds like you have wonderful children; you must be doing a great job of raising them.

I think blogging is such fun, too. I wish I had extra hours in the day to devote solely to it. Writing is a great outlet, huh? And yes, I view it as a ministry as well. We’re blessed to be able to encourage and be encouraged in this way.

Susanne said...

Good to hear to are recovering from your surgery and that you are able to rest within your day.

I can't fathom living in constant 100* weather. I'm am totally wilting and consider it hot,hot, hot when it hits the 80's here. LOL.

A good family doctor is a real blessing!