Last week we learned about Henry Ford and how he invented the assembly line.
So, we decided to try a project using the assembly line method. We chose something 'simple', a necklace. Okay, it wasn't that simple with a 3yo; but, it was all I could come up with on the spur of the moment!
We set out our beads and then everyone took their stations.
All was going well until one of the beads wouldn't fit on the string. Everyone else had to wait while that station figured out the right bead and then it got going again.
Not too long after that, someone dropped the string of beads. That shut down the whole production. It was a group effort to get the beads back on the string.
We did succeed and then realized that the string wasn't long enough for a necklace. So now dh has a nice string of beads!!
After the 'assembly line' experiment, we decided to make more necklaces while the oldest read our Zoology lesson.
That was the quietest I have seen them for a while!