Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lessons from Saying Yes

My blog is being scraped again.  If you are reading this on a website other than www.crazyhomedaze.blogspot.com you are reading a stolen copy of my content.

This week has been a hard one.  Not just because we have been sick but because the change that we thought was so immanent is now not.  It is not going to happen right now.  Or so we think.  Maybe.  yeah, we just don't know!


A while back we were asked to do something that was outside of our comfort zone and pretty scary.  We knew though that there was no way to say no.  We felt God whispering to us to obey and trust.  So, we said yes.  We gave it our whole hearts and committed to this change that God was bringing.

The freedom and peace that came was proof positive of the direction God was leading.  We rested in the knowledge that God had called and we answered, "Yes, Lord."  I don't know how often in my life I can say for sure that I followed God's leading in this way, but this time I/we did.

I will never regret it.

Mostly.

Now that we have given our hearts to this change, we are heart broken that it may not happen.  We knew going in that that was a possibility but when God calls you don't get to ask if it will hurt later and then decide what you're going to do.  No, you follow trusting your Abba to lead you where His path is sure to bring you closer to Him. 

Sometimes the blessing is in the saying yes not in getting to do what was asked.  Sometimes it's enough to say yes so that more chances will come later.  sometimes being willing is more painful than the doing.

God is growing us as a family and our girls are getting to see first hand how to listen to God's leading and how important it is to say yes to Him.  Our willingness to say yes is causing heartbreak in all of us.  Some of it is in good ways and others, well we may not see the good for a long time, but all things work together for good for them that love the Lord.

Trust and obey, for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey.

I know that our yes was the absolute right decision.  I also know that the pain of saying yes is the right thing because it is changing us to be more like Him.  Our family will forever be changed no matter if this yes results in anything or not.  I pray that we get to follow through on our yes, selfishly I pray that we will, but more than that I pray that God's Will will prevail.  That and that we get to be a part of it.  ;-)


6 comments:

Steph @ Wild Crickets said...

How wonderful to have such confirmation in the peace that it brings. I love that song, too. It's hard sometimes to walk into it not knowing, but praise God you followed Him. :) Praying that it all works out (whatever the situation - or result!)

Kristine said...

(((Renita))) I was praying for you this morning. I wish I had the perfect words for you. Your post was beautiful. You are so right, what a blessing to see such an immediate impact within your own family, to see your girls grow and know that you are too.

Laura said...

Oh Renita,
Praying for you all. Know you are loved.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Ah, Renita, I haven't a clue what is up - but know that I'm praying for you as you walk through this season. Praise God for the fruit you already see. Beautiful post.

tracy said...

I am so sorry to hear your blog is gettign scraped. Beautiful post, and I wish your family the best.

Anonymous said...

That looks so yumalicious!!! I love anything with Crescent rolls!

Thanks for linking to Look! What We Did!