Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Monday, February 21, 2011

So...

My blog is being scraped again.  If you are reading this on a website other than www.crazyhomedaze.blogspot.com you are reading a stolen copy of my content.

First of all let me just say that no church is perfect.  Churches are made up of sinful people following after Christ and can not be everything to everyone.  Those that have been with me on this journey will understand completely what you are about to read.  No offense is meant to anyone, it is just my heart speaking about where God has us in this season of our lives.

So, after about 15 years or more of going to the same church we have decided that it was time to change churches.  This has been a decision that was years in the making.  If any of you have known me very long like my Bewildered Ladies, you know that this is a decision that has caused us great heart ache.  This is not a decision that has been made lightly.  It is a sad thing to realize that the church you have called home is no longer home.

For the last three years I have wanted to leave our church due to various things that I won't go into.  (again, my Bewildered Ladies know all about this!)  But, Steven felt that God was not releasing us to leave.  That is so not what I wanted to hear at the time.  lol  Praise God Steven listened and obeyed God.  Because God's timing was perfect, of course, and we found a church that fits exactly what we were needing.  And I do mean needing not wanting.

Yesterday, with much trepidation, we visited a new church.  It was a sad and tear-filled day for all of us, but we knew that this is what God was calling us to do.  When we showed up at the church, we walked in and found seats.  The congregation filled the seats fairly quickly and the service started.  What we witnessed during the service was refreshing to our souls.  The praise set was real and honest.  It didn't feel rushed, just full of praise.  Then the pastor got up and introduced a gentleman that was giving his testimony about a missions trip he had taken and then more worship music.  When the music was over, the pastor got up and preached straight from The Word.  Nothing else, just The Word.  They are doing a verse by verse study on the book of James.  The simplicity of just reading The Word and studying it together was amazing.  I can not tell you how amazing it was not to have to wade through all the other stuff to get to the study of the Bible.

It was just where we needed to be.  The sense of peace that we felt testified to us that this was the right decision.  Next week we will visit the children's and youth areas to see what they are like.  From what we have read, the curricula in those departments focus on teaching straight from the Bible, too.  Awesome!

It is a double-edged sword to make this decision, though.  Our girls have never known another church and are sad about leaving but excited by the new possibilities.  I'm excited to be following God's leading and can't wait to see what He has in store for us.  It will take some getting used to, but I'm sure that God in His goodness has already made a way for us through this season.


2 comments:

Tami said...

so proud of you for your obedience - both to steven's leading and to god's release. it's so difficult to know when it's right and ok to move on...

Laura said...

Renita,
I know this has been such a struggle for you. I am thankful that you all have found a new church home. I know how tough it can be to be in the 'wrong' place....