Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Livin’ life and havin’ fun

Life moves on and we just have to hang on and try to keep up.  Or at least not get run over and left behind.  lol

Watching the girls grow and change is kind of sad.  They are becoming lovely young ladies but pretty soon I won’t be able to say even that.  Sunshine will be 14 this January and she definitely isn’t little anymore!  I am loving the wonderful young women I see them becoming and can’t wait to see what plans God has for them. 

What an amazing gift He has given us with these girls.  They drive me crazy quite frequently but I couldn’t imagine my life without them. 

What a ride parenting is.  As young people getting ready to have kids you think you know everything.  Then the baby comes and the hospital sends you home with the little bundle of joy and you realize that you have no clue what to do with it or for it.  That feeling doesn’t get any better over the years.  It gets stronger in fact.  The older they get the more you realize that you are flying by the seat of your pants.  There is no handbook that prepares you for the challenges that come up or the heart-breaking things your children do.  The only strength we can rely on is His strength and His wisdom to guide us as parents.  He knows our children better than we ever could and loves them more than we do so why wouldn’t we ask for His help. 

I love being a mom and how it has changed me.  If I can survive five girls, I can do anything! heehee


No comments: