Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Thursday, June 9, 2011


Thursday oh Thursday.  This was possibly the longest day of the week.  This was the day scheduled for the boating event.  Steven was scheduled to take three of the girls and I had two because I hate boating. 

Since it was going to be a short day we went on a nature walk up to see the horses.  It seemed like a good idea at the time and I'm glad we did it but there were some major flaws in the plan.  First, I had forgotten to do the laundry on Wednesday so H was left with a long sleeve shirt and corduroys pants.  Yeah, I have each of them take a long sleeve shirt and a pair of pants just in case but the corduroys...I don't even know what to say about that.  I didn't see her pack them.  Anyway,  We rolled up her sleeves and started off.  Everyone was in good spirits but we were soon met by the first hill.  It was a major downhill jaunt!  I knew by the time we go to the bottom that we were in trouble. 

Just how much trouble wasn't apparent until we came to the first drive-way that we thought was the one we wanted and it wasn't.  Thankfully we had Bug in the stroller so we kept walking to the next drive-way.  Did I mention that we were walking on the shoulder because we thought the first drive-way was the one we wanted?  By the time we figured out that it wasn't, it was too late to get to the trail!  We came to the second drive-way and lo and behold it wasn't the right one either. 

We kept walking.  I rolled up the corduroys pant legs and hoped that we would be there soon. 

One more drive-way and we finally found the one we were looking for.  What I hadn't considered, okay another thing I hadn't considered, was the walk up the hill to get to the horses! lol  Yeah, I am a little short-sided when it comes to walking places!  Can anyone say walking to the Library? The girls were reminding me of that trip every step of this one.

We finally made it up the hill and got to pet the horses.  They were very friendly and I got kisses from two of them.  H was in heaven and didn't want to leave.  But we had to because the day was heating up quickly and I was afraid that she was going to suffer heat exhaustion.

We started back down and found a trail to follow.  B and I stopped to take pictures while Steven took the others on back to the room.  Let me tell you that I barely made it back up that first hill.  I am not even kidding.  It was brutal. 

We made it back just in time to get lunch and send the boaters on their way.  Bug, S, and I decided to head into town to do some more shopping.  I was terrified to drive those hills by myself, but I did it!  It was a really nice shopping trip and we found a few things to buy.  Bug slept all the way through Target and fell asleep on the way back to the lodge.

Supper was not as fun.  We had steak, which was yummy, but Bug was completely out of sorts and cried most of the time.  She calmed down when we headed to the pool one last time.  She and I sat on the side again since it was so late and visited.  She mellowed out and started enjoying watching and talking to everyone. 

Sleep didn't come too early that night and thankfully everyone slept through the night!

And Thursday was finished!  Sleep again came and went and all were in their own beds!  The big girls all fell asleep with the t.v. on but didn't seem to notice. lol

One more wake up and we go home.

No comments: