Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Friday, April 22, 2011

Do you ever?

Do you ever lose track of days? Like you wake up one morning thinking it is one day only to find out that it is at least a day or two past what you thought it was?

I just had that experience. Twice today, in fact.

This morning I woke up and started the day thinking it was Thursday. Only it wasn't. It was Friday. ugh I hate the feeling of losing a day. I didn't really lose a day of course, it was just such a long and emotionally draining day that I lost track of time. (I'll have to post about the reason that day was so long a little later.)

So, it's Friday. Okay. That means gymnastics and figuring out when school is going to happen, cleaning house, making rolls, feeding the family several times, and anything else that comes up along the way. Wow, nothing like being hit in the face with everything all at once! lol

The second time I realized that I'd lost a day (I had forgotten about the first time already!) I was standing in the kitchen making hamburger buns and told the girls that we would get snacks ready for their games tomorrow. They quickly replied that their games were tomorrow. Yup, that would mean that today was Friday, not Thursday! Man, I got side-swiped again.

I suddenly felt very rushed to get things done. I do not like that behind feeling. It makes me cranky.

So what did I do about it? I took a nap! lol I hid away from the world for a bit and just rested. I'd like to say that I came out of my room in a better mood, but I didn't. I was still cranky and feeling unsettled.

Hopefully, I can keep ahold of reality long enough to make it through today and then wake up in time to get the kids to soccer games in time!

Wish me luck! heehee

No comments: