Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

The difference a day makes

Today is Thursday.  It was Thursday all day.  It was a long day.  A Seriously loooong day.

But let's go back to yesterday.  It was a blissfully quiet Sabbath Week Wednesday.  Nothing of note happened.  It was quiet and peaceful.  aaahhh

Last night the kids went to bed early and watched movies in their rooms.  I read my book and spent some quiet time after everyone else was sleeping. 

I even slept in this morning until around 8am!  It was lovely.  I leisurely checked my email and found an urgent assignment that required the use of my laptop so I quickly retrieved it from the youngest two and took it downstairs. 

But, lo and behold, when I opened it up something was wrong.  The picture I put on the desktop was gone and so were almost all of the icons.  There were items back on there from when I bought it.  I was a little concerned so I checked my documents folder and it was empty.  I am not even kidding.  E.M.P.T.Y.   I about had a heart attack.  I didn't want to panic though so I checked another way to find my documents and they were not there.

I moved on to the pictures.  That folder was also empty.  The panic is starting to bubble up to a blasting point by now and I was starting to sweat.  I checked my downloads folder, the recently changed folder, and looked for some program files that I recently loaded and they were ALL GONE. 

EVERYTHING WAS GONE

I was in a full-fledged panic mode by this time.  Tears were streaming and I was trying to figure out how to get back all the things I had on there and couldn't figure out a way.  There were things on the laptop that hadn't been saved anywhere else. 

Yeah, I know it's dumb and I am going to change that from now on.  But for now, I was a blubbering mess. 

I do have to say that I didn't yell at the kids or even get upset with them.  Not once.  I asked them what had happened and then let it drop.  I didn't say anything else about it the rest of the day.  (I'm pretty proud about that one!)

I started working on that urgent project and posted on Facebook what had happened.  People started praying.  I started begging God to fix my computer.  The girls were praying.  I think they were praying for safety, though.  They were a little unnerved because I wasn't yelling or fuming; I was a little too silent for them! lol  I spent the rest of the morning begging God to retrieve all of my information and to restore my computer.  I knew He could and I knew He cared.  I just didn't know if it was in His plan to fix it or to teach me a lesson about not relying on technology too much. 

The urgent project was finished by 1pm and I decided to check my laptop again to see if there was any way I could figure out what had happened.  When I turned it back on, it was back to normal.  I am not even kidding.  Everything was where it should have been. 

Everything.

God has restored my computer for me! 

I had checked to see if the girls had changed the profile, anything that would explain what had happened.  I couldn't.  It was gone in the morning and then by the afternoon it was back.

I choose to believe that God was showing me that He cares about my computer and every area of my life.  It was just one more way for Him to show me His great love and care. 

And yes, now I am backing up everything to the external hard-drive!  ;-)



1 comment:

Bubbles said...

Awesome entry! Love it and love the miracle of everything there after a re-boot! You'll never know exactly what happened; but, God took care of it all! Blessings Renita!