Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Soccer has started again and I am already tired! I might as well be out there playing with them for the workout I get on the sidelines. Lol sometimes I jump uo and down, but I am always yelling. I can't help it, I just have to yell. I have tried to sit quietly and just observe...I can't do it. It physically hurts me to be quiet during a game. It doesn't even have to be my kids playing, either! If there is a game going, I am yelling. Now, in years past I am ashamed to say that I wasn't always the most encouraging in what I said. I would let my frustration get the best of me and it would slip out my mouth.

Steven started putting his hand on my arm when that would happen and I would know that I was crossing a line. I have worked very hard to only say positive things and to be encouraging to the players. We have tried to learn all of the players names on our girls' teams so that we can call them by name. I also try to compliment and encourage the other teams' players as well. If they make a good play, I say so. Everyone likes to be told that they are doing a good job, right?

Well, at Saturdays game for our 11yo o e of the moms for the other team didn't appreciate that I was complimenting their teams' throw ins or encouraging their players. Everytime I said things like,"Good kick Red team" she would shoot me a dirty look. Now mind you I was not being sarcastic I was truly complimenting them, she just really didn't like it. I guess. I started worrying that I was being offensive and made double sure that I was being positive.

After the game a parent approached me and complimented me on knowing all the girls' names and for encouraging the other team as well as my own. I thanked him but on the inside I was doing the happy dance. It was cinfirmation that was I had been working so hard on was showing. It's nice when that happens!









No comments: