Friday, July 30, 2010
Friday's Fave Five
This week my Fave Five are all about Royal Family Kids Camp. I spent the week volunteering at a camp for Foster Kids. It is grueling and rewarding.
So here they are:
1. Air Conditioning! It was soo hot at camp. Our dorms, cafeteria, and chapel are air conditioned and we loved every minute in those buildings. lol
2. Meeting new people and clicking instantly. I had two young co-counselors this year (20 years old! I am 38!!) and they were wonderful. We hit it off and worked well together. God orchestrated it perfectly.
3. The prayers of the Saints. I couldn't have made it this week without those prayers. And I am not kidding. It was one of the hardest weeks I have spent at camp ever.
4. The love of a God that sees the broken-hearted children and feels their pain with them and allows me to love them too. What a blessing to be a part of binding up some of their wounds and telling them that Jesus loves them and cares about them. It is so humbling.
5. A little blonde haired, blue eyed girl that stole my heart and broke it at the same time. F was very violent this week and she physically wounded me as well as another staff member and I couldn't do anything but love her more and cry for the pain she has been through. She is a very troubled little girl that has not had any breaks in life, in fact it has been downright hideous so far. And yet, God loves her and wants His will for her life and allowed me to be a small part of it. Hopefully someday the seeds of Love we planted will grow and flourish and help to change her life.
I am desperately tired and my body is more than sore. But my heart is broken for these kids that don't know the love of earthly parents or have the safety of home. Pray for the kids in foster care, they desperately need it.
If you want to participate head on over to Susanne's at Living to Tell the Story and sign up!