Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Friday, July 9, 2010

Fridays Fave Five



It's that time once again in the week to reflect and be thankful.  I can feel the peace washing over me as I quiet myself to really think about our week. 

God is so good.  Just had to say it!

Okay for my list...

1.  Family.  We always go to my mom's on the Fourth of July for a camp-out.  It is a great time.  I really love my family.  We are a loud, crazy, weird, fussy, cranky, happy, loyal, kind of crew and it is wonderful!!

2.  The homeschool community.  The ones I know in real life and the ones I only know on my computer!  I have been completely blessed by homeschool mommas reaching out to me and sending us curriculum for little or no cost because they felt the Lord leading them.  Wow!  I was humbled beyond words.  And grateful.  It was even better when I was able to pass on the same blessing to several other homeschooling mommas. 

3.  My husband for his never ending patience.  He never complains even when he runs out of essential clothing!  He just quietly asks if he can help get them done and then he does.  He is the quiet harbor in the midst of the near constant storm running through our home.  He brings peace and steadfastness.  Thank you, Jesus!

4.  Finding things that were lost!  Every time we lose something it is an opportunity to pray and ask God to move in our lives.  We so often forget to bring everything to Him in prayer, so we miss out on the blessings He is waiting to give us.  This week we have remembered.  And this week God has blessed immensely.

5.  The Founding Fathers of our country who knew enough to seek God earnestly and not settle for less than hearing His voice.  May we do the same now.

Okay, there is my list.  Where's yours?

Go to Susanne's blog over at Living to Tell the Story to find out how you can join us.

I'll look forward to reading your list!

9 comments:

ellen b said...

Great list for Fave Fives. Our family sounds like yours :0)
Our good ole Founding Fathers would probably be shocked to see what's going on these days. God is good all the time!
Blessings on your weekend.
No Mr. Linky this week...he's sick.

Karyn said...

Great list! All things that are foundational.

A Homeschool community is such a blessing! I did not have the privilege of an online community and all the resources that are out there now, when I was schooling my kids. But I had many dear friends who made the effort to get together regularly to hold one another up....people I would not have known otherwise.

Hazel said...

I love the godliness element of your faves.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Wonderful list. It's always nice to hear a wife praising her husband instead of tearing him down.

Islandsparrow said...

Hi Renita,

Glad you had a wonderful 4th of July celebration - camping out is such fun! My family did a lot of that.

Sounds like your week was overflowing with blessings!

Happy weekend!
Kathie

Lisa notes... said...

I treasure my homeschool community, too, both in person and on-line. We are blessed to have so many out there who journey with us!

Barbara H. said...

This is a wonderful fave five. My husband is much the same -- he's usually pretty calm and never gripes if I don't have something done, which is more of a rebuke to me than if he did.

Susanne said...

What a great list! A calm hubby in the midst of chaos is a great blessing!

Donnetta said...

What a great list! Your family camp-out sounds like lots of fun with many memories made.

Husbands with patience. Favorites for sure!

Prayer reminders and settling for no less than earnestly seeking and hearing the voice of God... great encouragement and challenge all at the same time.

I'll finish this comment the way you started this post because I couldn't agree more: God is so good! Just had to say it... :-)