Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Singing with Dad

This weekend our oldest dd had the opportunity to sing at a wedding.  The bride happened to be our 'old' babysitter.  She watched three of our kids when they were young and evidently grew up when we weren't watching!

She called about 3 1/2 weeks before her wedding bc the original singer backed out for some reason.  Steven hesitated since the wedding was on my birthday but I told him that he had to do it.  It was her wedding.  Then I suggested that we have Sunshine sing with him.  Perfect!  His brothers would sing one song while our nephew played the piano and Steven and Bethany would sing another song.

They picked the songs easily enough and practice commenced.  I helped Sunshine rehearse during the day and finally the week before Steven started practicing with her.  She was fantastic.  No lie.

I was anxious for her because she was so nervous but I knew that if she let God work through her natural talent she would be fine.

Her first game was scheduled for the night of the rehearsal and another wedding of a friend but then was changed to the night before.  So we had a game on Thursday, a wedding rehearsal and another wedding on Friday night, a wedding on Saturday night, and my birthday on Saturday.  Whew!  It makes me tired just typing it out. lol

Anyway.  The rehearsal went well so I'm told.  Steven was pleased and looking forward to singing the next day with her.

We had already picked out a special dress for her and fixed her hair that afternoon.  She looked beautiful.

The wedding came and they headed up for pictures and another rehearsal.  She was as ready as she could be.

Sunshine told me right before the wedding started that the wedding planner asked if she was willing to sing at other weddings and that she was impressed with how well she sang.  Woohoo!

I think I was more nervous than she was.  I was shaking!  I just kept praying that she would relax and let God work through her.

The time came for them to sing and they nailed it!

Afterward a young man came up and asked if she was my daughter, I enthusiastically said yes!  He proceeded to go on and on about how good she was and how he thought he was listening to the finals on American Idol!  He was so excited to tell her how well she had sung.  He said she even outshone Steven!  It was great.

She received quite a few compliments but still doesn't quite believe them yet.

Listen and see what you think...






No comments: