Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Saturday, February 9, 2013

So Stinkin' Proud

Last night's show was just as wonderful as opening night.  No, it might have been more wonderful.  I had several cast members come up and ask if they could do some improve between scenes.  Yes, you read that right.  4th-High Schoolers are asking to do improve in front of an audience!  They are just that comfortable with each other and trust each other enough to wing it like that.  Awesome. 

In all I think there were four mini-scenes that were totally improv'd last night.  We had a few costume changes that were incredibly quick and needed extra time between scenes-the kids stepped up to help without a second thought. 

There was also a lot of improv going on during scenes too.  It was fantastic.  I loved every minute of it. 

I loved the cast party too.  Where else can you get a group of 25 kids in your house and not worry about a thing?  They were all respectful and watched out for each other.  They mingled with the adults, they joked around, and they did Just Dance 4 until the basement smelled like sweaty kids.  It was kinda gross but oh so fun to watch! 

Did I mention that I love these kids?  I seriously do.

Now I'm getting excited about next year...

No comments: