Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Friday, August 5, 2011

I probably shouldn't

I probably shouldn't be writing this in my present state of mind but something irritated me and I am letting it out. I just visited a blog that posted a list of "no-no's" for blogs. This was a list of things that the blogger didn't like seeing on someone else's blog. This happened last year too. The person that posted last year visited my blog and told me the things that she didn't like and that I should change bc she wanted it to be a certain way.

Really?

My blog is my blog and I have it the way I like it. If someone doesn't like it, they don't have to read it. kwim? I blog as an outlet and as a way of posting reviews. I don't design my blog and write to please others. I will not change things bc someone else doesn't like them. I don't particularly care for music on blogs but I'm not going to say that they shouldn't be there bc I don't like it. It's their blog and they like it so they can have it.

Ugh it just frustrates me when that kind of thing happens. Because then a blogger that feels insecure about what they are doing thinks they have to change everything they do to please others and their blog is no longer a reflection of who they are.

I'm done with my rant.

Yes, I know that I am in a bad mood right now and my heart is hurting so I probably shouldn't be doing this. But I just had to get it out there.

I will shut up now and sit in a house that is too quiet.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Amen, Renita!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I agree 100%. I also read a blog today from someone who hasn't been blogging very long and had the nerve to tell us what we shouldn't do. If you don't like me don't read me, end of story!

Stefanie said...

Totally agree!!! So sorry that your feelings were hurt.

For what it's worth, I like your blog and the way it looks.

MommyKuehner said...

I agree. Haven't had anyone tell me anything yet. But your blog...is your blog. Like most things in life....you have a choice to read it or not.

Your blog is wonderful:)

Renita

berrypatch said...

I couldn't agree more. ;-) We are all "mom" bloggers of one type or another and it's an outlet for me. Read it or not. LOL