Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Friday, February 26, 2010

Interesting Happenings

I have been getting phone calls lately from people that I have never met.  They are getting my name from my church. 

Why?  How?  What for?  Are they crazy?

These are all questions that have paraded through my mind with each new phone call.  It's not that I mind talking on the phone, really, I just hesitate talking to people that I don't know.

Okay, that's not entirely true either.  I can strike up a conversation at the grocery store with a total stranger and walk away friends.  But, strangers calling my home, is a little odd.

Until I found out the reason.

My name (and number!) have been given to the church as the 'go to' person for anyone calling and asking about homeschooling!  Seriously.  I wouldn't lie to you.  They have a few other names as well, but I have been getting quite a few calls lately, and it's got me to thinking.

Is there really that big of surge in homeschooling in this area?  And if so, why?  I'm just curious.

The other thing I have been thinking about is putting together a post with links for anyone who might be searching out the option of homeschooling.  There are so many resources out there and so many other bloggers who have done it better, but I think I will give it a try!

It will take some time since we have sickness making its rounds in the house, but I will get it done.  Who knows, I may even make some links in the sidebar...


HMMM  ideas, ideas, ideas...


2 comments:

Kristine said...

Renita, I think it's a great idea. How exciting to get the calls from those asking for information. I love talking about it with people at the library. I

jennifer said...

It isn't easy, being on the frontlines of answering questions about homeschooling. I'm sure you are going to do a great job! Maybe you can post your list of resources on your blog?