Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Discovery

One of the Bible Study methods I am learning is to say the verse multiple times emphasizing a different word each time. It sounds simple; but it really brings the verse to a different level and helps you understand each word inside the verse.

A few weeks ago I took the verse Psalm 37:4 and did this to it. After saying it 15 times, I then wrote out each word and wrote down what they meant to me.

It looked something like this:

Delight - take joy in
Yourself - my whole being
In - immersed in
The -only one
Lord - only in Him
And - it requires action to get blessing
He - God, no one else
Will - present, ongoing, active
Give - no strings attached
You - for you, personal
The Desires - deep Godly wants
Of - secret places in
Your - from your heart alone
Heart - from your soul

Now, read the verse as a whole and see if it has changed the way you think about it.

"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."


I really like this way of looking at the scripture!


No comments: