Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Thursday, November 28, 2013

My Little Pony:Party of One App Review


Sing with me..."My Little Pony, My Little Pony..."

Educational apps are just about the best thing around. They are fun but still teach something. You can't beat that! What makes them even better is if they are familiar characters that my kids already love. That's why My Little Pony:Party of One from PlayDate Digital has been such a hit in our house. We have loved My Little Pony for many years now and I foresee it continuing long into our future.

My Little Pony:Party of One App is the My Little Ponies you have come to love telling a story all kids can relate to. This app is interactive and has many items to explore. Your child can choose to read the story for themsleves or have the app read it to them.

This is a sweet app that your kids will love. I know mine have. I tried to get a picture of the 3yo playing with it but she was always too excited to sit still for the picture! This app is available for ipad, iphone, and ipods and can be purchased for $2.99. The ages for the app are stated at being 0-5 years old but my 8yo had a blast with it and my 11yo 'just had' to go through the book one full time 'just to check it out!'

I played with the app myself and found that I enjoyed touching the horses or objects and finding out what they were going to do or say! It's like a digital pop-up book. You and your children will love this app. The colors are bright, the graphics are great, and the characters you already love are in it. How can it get much better than that?


About the App: My Little Pony: Party of One is an interactive storybook app. It is based on a favorite My Little Pony TV episode and adapted for a preschool audience. It teaches kids social emotional values -- friendship, trust and belonging. It was developed in partnership with educational experts. Here is the app description and our learning goals:


Description: Get ready for an adventure with Pinkie Pie and her friends in MY LITTLE PONY, Party of One, an intriguing new interactive tale about the magic of friendship. Who throws better parties than Pinkie Pie? Having just finished one celebration, Pinkie Pie sets off to invite all of her favorite ponies to a NEW party, but suddenly every pony seems to be QUITE busy. What’s going on? Join the investigation as Pinkie Pie visits her My Little Pony friends looking for clues. Bold graphics, bright colors and lots of animations make Party of One an enjoyable and engaging way to be entertained and practice reading skills. Perfect for My Little Pony fans and beginning readers.


Key Features:

Your favorite ponies are here: PINKIE PIE, RAINBOW DASH, FLUTTERSHY, APPLEJACK, TWILIGHT SPARKLE and more!


Featuring the official voice of PINKIE PIE from the show FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC


Watch the characters animate in playful moments during every story spread


17 scenes that come to life as children tap and explore each page.


Tap on the ponies to move the adventure forward


Highlighted words to help test and build age-appropriate vocabulary


Word round-up to reinforce learning goals


Parents can track children’s learning progress


LEARNING GOALS:

Everyone wants to belong. MY LITTLE PONY Party of One uses thoughtful language and lively scenes to gently help children to understand their feelings about friendship membership, tensions and misunderstandings.


Practice reading skills

Introduces new vocabulary words

Test problem solving skills

Social Emotional skills

Social skills may be reinforced by parents and children reading together and discussing:

· Seeing things from someone else’s perspective

· Understanding the dilemma that both the ponies and Pinkie Pie are facing

· Developing empathy for both Pinkie Pie and her friends.

· Learning how to maintain supportive and honest friendships

· Understanding the importance of communication and learning

 

Find them here:

You can watch a video here:

http://youtu.be/QlBCgIul_9U

If you want to see what other reviewers thought of My Little Pony: Party of One App, head over to Mosaic Reviews and check them out!

 

No comments: