Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Monday, August 13, 2012

First Day

Today is our first day of school.  I am so excited I can hardly stand it.  I am ready for the new books, new adventures, and the new schedule.  As in nothing else going on kind of schedule!

Unfortunately our first day didn't go quite as planned.  We had tears, broken light bulbs, forgotten material, sleeping late, and running out of food.  And that was just in the morning! lol

But, I wrote about that in my next article for Homeschool Mosaics so you will have to head over there and read it on the 3rd of September!

In this post I am going to tell you about the lessons learned on our first day of school.  And they weren't even found in a text book.

1.  I learned that life can carry on even if I have forgotten to print off the material we need for the day. 

2.  The kids will believe it if I tell them that I had planned to make pancakes all along!

3.  I am not a bad mom if I give them the rest of the day off after lunch on the first day of school.

4.  The relationship with my kids is more important than the book learning.  (Not that book learning isn't important but their character is of more value in the long run.)

5.  Laughter really is the best medicine.  Especially when you are laughing at yourself.

6.  Curdled milk will still smell on your shirt 10 hours later.

7.  Drinking more coffee after lunch helps keep you awake for read aloud time.

8.  Falling asleep during read aloud time is a guaranteed way to get a great nap with no interruptions!

9.  Forgetting that you have to make supper for the family makes for a rushed and unhappy evening.

10.  Having a hubby that will buy supper for the family on said day is a blessing.

Our first day wasn't what I wanted but it sure was one for the memory books!


1 comment:

Kristine said...

Sounds like a real-life kind of day--and everyone came back for you the next day, so a big success. ;)