My faves for the week are:
1. I am teaching a class for our homeschool group to the 7th-high schoolers. It is a movie class where we watch a movie together and then dissect it. We look at the agenda, the music, the plot, the characters and their decisions and talk about it. It has been a wonderful class. The kids are great about discussing what they see and what they think about it. The discussions have been thought provoking and more often than not-fun! This is a great group of kids and I am honored to be teaching them.
2. We had somewhat of an emergency this week with my step-dad. He is okay now but on Tuesday we got a call that he was on his way to the hospital in an ambulance. Not a call you want to get. While I was on the phone with my sister, I whispered to the girls to pack up and get ready to leave. By the time I was off the phone they were ready. No questions asked. They just packed up, got bug ready, took their school and went to the car. They are awesome!! It's even better since my step-dad is alright.
3. Soccer has started again. We are back to practices and gearing up for games. I love watching the girls play soccer. Shoot, I just love soccer no matter who is playing!! Hopefully we won't have any 8am games this year!! lol
4. I awoke this morning to find four of five girls at the breakfast table eating...and reading. Okay, the almost 2yo wasn't reading, she was eating but she was looking at the books of two girls!! The thrid book reader was lying on the couch with her book. That is a wonderful sight for this book-loving momma!!
5. I am amazed everyday at Bug's language explosion. She is learning and using so many new words every day-it is truly amazaing. She is so animated and fun to watch. I can't imagine what our life would have been like without this little bundle of energy and love.
What are you Fave's for the week? Head on over to Living to Tell the Story and link up. Don't forget to visit the other wonderful blogs and leave some bloggy love!