Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

27 Years

Tomorrow marks our 27th wedding anniversary.  Yesterday was Stevens birthday.  We didn't get to celebrate either one, really.



I worked yesterday evening, he worked all day.  Tomorrow, I leave for four days for a gymnastics meet.

It usually is this way.  AT least for the last 10 years or so.

Each year we have had soccer tournaments or trips on our anniversary/his birthday week.  It took us two years to celebrate our 25th anniversary!

But, we do it.

We make a point to celebrate in some way.  It isn't the cruise, the elaborate trips anywhere, or expensive jewelry; which are all ok.  They just aren't us or where we are right now.

We are fairly simple people.  I say fairly because we are fairly complicated as well!

We choose to love every day.


I met Steven when I was 16 and I have never looked back.  I knew pretty quickly that he was the one I wanted.  Thankfully, he wanted me too!

I can not believe that it is 27 years into our marriage and I am looking forward to the next 27!  I pray that we will continue to choose each other when it gets tough and that we will continue to show our children and grand-children how to love and be loved.   How to follow Jesus in our marriage.

27 years.  In this day and age that seems like an insurmountable feat; but it isn't.  Don't listen to anyone that says it is.





No comments: