Pages That Might or Might Not Be of Interest to You!

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

The Grey Wolves Series-Review

Okay, I am going to do a review for a series of books that Bethany and I love.  We have read the entire series many times-more than I want to admit at the moment.  We got hooked on them and just couldn't stop reading.  I actually re-read them at least twice a year!  No, I am not kidding.  The characters become my friends and I just have to be a part of their lives.  I NEED to know what will happen to them!  Plus, I just love the characters.

The first book in the series is Prince of Wolves.















Jacque Pierce was just an ordinary 17 year old girl getting ready to start her senior year in high school in Coldspring, Texas. When a mysterious foreign exchange student from Romania moves in across the street, Jacque and her two best friends, Sally and Jen, don’t realize the last two weeks of their summer was going to get a lot more interesting. From the moment Jacque sets eyes on Fane she feels an instant connection, a pull like a moth to a flame. Little does she know that the flame she is drawn to is actually a Canis Lupus, werewolf, and she just happens to be his mate; the other half of his soul. The problem is Fane is not the only wolf in Coldspring, Texas. Just as Fane and Jacque are getting to know each other, another wolf steps out to try and claim Jacque as his mate. Fane will now have to fight for the right to complete the mating bond, something that is his right by birth but is being denied him by a crazed Alpha. Will the love Fane has for Jacque be enough to give him the strength to defeat his enemy, will Jacque accept that she is Fane’s mate and complete the bond between them?


My take:  The writing is a little like a self-published author(at first), by that I mean there are some spelling errors and grammatical errors.  However, I don't find them to be too distracting and the character development more than makes up for any lack of writing style.  (Hannah-my literary student snubs her nose at these books because they are not Jane Austen or J.R.R. Tolkien!)  The story line is captivating and the main characters are full of life.  I would so be their friend in real life. Many times while reading this series I found myself laughing out loud, cheering, or crying at what is happening.  I truly fell in love with the characters and will be so incredibly sad when the series is finished...it can never be finished.  I'm just sayin'.

The next book in the series is Blood Rites, it continues the story flawlessly and advances the plot to the point of racing through the book to get to the next one! The story continues all the way through book 10!!  Then she takes a side-step and branches out some of the characters and created The Gypsy Healer series.  This is also a series that I just love and can't seem to stay away from.  The latest installment I made myself read it slowly just so it wouldn't end too quickly!

They are all worth the read.  Oh, did I mention that they are CLEAN?  Meaning no sex, no major language(a few 'minor' cuss words), books that I let my teens read and don't worry about it.  That is big y'all.  

You can visit her website Here  You can also buy all of her books on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other retailers.  You can also find her other book series-Elfin, Dream so Dark, The Vikings Chosen.

I encourage you to check them all out.  You just may find a new favorite author!!

**Disclaimer: I did NOT receive any books in compensation for this review.  I bought them all on my own-because I love them-and the opinions are my own.  Even if I had received any books for review, I would give an honest review and my opinions would still be my own.

No comments: